Structural Design Engineer
We are seeking an experienced structural design engineer to join our team of engineers and drafters in our well established and growing consulting practice in Western Sydney. Our firm specialises in the structural design of residential and medium scale industrial and commercial buildings, as well as public buildings, and the structural elements of civil works, such as culverts, bridges and retaining walls and the stormwater design for building developments.
Please do not apply if you cannot satisfy the requirements of this position. No agency enquires will be accepted either.
We expect you will have:-
- An Australian Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and working towards CPEng status.
- At least 3 years local and extremely relevant work experience since graduation.
- Significant experience with NSW home building construction methods and materials.
- OH&S Induction Training for Construction Work (White Card).
- Excellent written and spoken English. A short test will be carried out at the interview.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence and clean record. Able to drive manual and auto vehicles.
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision, well organised, able to multi-task
- Close attention to detail, able to problem solve, meet work priorities.
- Physically fit and able to access roof and subfloor spaces in buildings for site investigations.
Reporting to the Senior Structural Engineers, your key responsibilities will include:
- Direct liaison with architects, Council, clients, construction contractors and other staff
- Apply current Australian Design Codes, BCA, and structural design principles
- Prepare accurate written and computer calculations, notes and sketches for drafting
- Supervision of, or if proficient, to carry out the drafting of your designs using Autocad.
- Carry out site inspections during construction.
- Carry out investigations of problems in buildings and prepare detailed technical reports with photos, diagrams and remedial work specifications.
- Prepare site stormwater drainage designs, reports and drawings to comply with relevant Council policies
To the right person, we offer:-
- Competitive and negotiable salary (equivalent to Grade 2 or 3 of I.E. Aust. latest salary review) with flexitime working hours.
- Encouragement to maintain CPD and achieve CPEng and NER status.
- Modern workplace in air-conditioned office, with use of company vehicles for site work
- Convenient location, opposite train station, with no traffic hassles, easy car parking.
Applications are to be forwarded with a covering letter to your resume, that notes your earliest available start date, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 02 4721 1955, or post to The Manager, Inhouse Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd, PO Box 752, Kingswood NSW 2747.